Thursday, August 12, 2010

I love jewelry, yes I do!

For a while now I've been thinking "Wouldn't it be so awesome if I could make my own jewelry instead of spending all my money on someone else's designs....wouldn't it?!?!?!"  Well, folks, that day has finally come!  On Sunday, I went to my very first jewelry making class.  I made a necklace and a pair of earrings!  And even though I wasn't too pleased with the actual project our teacher had planned for us(definitely not a pearls kinda girl), I was very excited to see a finished product that someone could actually wear one day!

Now, as usual, my addictive personality has since taken over this new hobby.  I can hardly count the times I've gone to Michael's craft store this week to get supplies to make more jewelry.  So far I've made 2 necklaces, a bracelet and a pair of earrings.  That is not including what I made the first day!

Check out my first project below!  Woohoo!

Stay tuned for more to come!

Peace and blessings! -A

1 comment:

Del said...

Haha! I'm a pearls girl! I'm excited to see ur creations and to cheer you on! GO AMANDA GO!!!!!!!!!!